2nd Meeting of the SUBMARINER Aquaculture Working Group
Thanks to those who joined the working group meeting last week. There were around 20 participants with presentations from the Finnish Aquaponics Society, Natural Resources Institute Finland (LUKE) and Meredith Lloyd-Evans of BioBridge Ltd presenting his chapter on IMTA in the EUMOFA Blue Bioeconomy report 2020. This was followed by introductions of working group members, and discussions on feed ingredients, legislation, business pitfalls, agri-aqua & renewable energy collaborations, as well as potential multi-trophic combinations to rethink the definition of aquaculture to promote diversification of revenue streams.
Sign up here to register as a participant of the Working Group. If you use Slack, join our Slack workspace, where working group participants can informally exchange ideas and share news without having to organise a meeting.
If you are interested in becoming an official SUBMARINER Member, please add your details to this form.
- Introduction to SUBMARINER & the Working Group / Frederick Bruce
- Finnish Aquaponics Society / Tobias Lipsewers
- Natural Resources Institute Finland (LUKE) / Jouni Vielma
- EUMOFA Blue Bioeconomy Report 2020 & IMTA Meredith Lloyd-Evans / BioBridge UK
- Geothermal Potential in Whiteleg Shrimp Recirculating Aquaculture Technology / Nerijus Nika, Klaipeda University
For the next meeting, participants are invited to share one or more of the following:
New research publications
Baltic developments in the aquacuture sector
Idea for a project or business
Suggested group activities (workshops, case studies, trainings etc)
Invite potential industry partners